We invite you to join us at the following times (also see Google Calendar at bottom of page):
- Introduction to Zen Tuesdays, 7:30 – 8:30PM, (except during quarterly retreats, see notes below) $5 donation requested.
- Daily Zazen (Seated Meditation) Monday – Friday, 5:30 AM, 1 hr; Saturdays, 7:00 – 8:30 AM
- Sundays, 6:30 PM, 1 hr; Monday & Wednesday, 7:30 PM, 1 hr.
- Dharma Talks 1st and 3rd Sundays, 7:30 PM, 1 hr. (most Sundays during Spring and Fall Intensives)
- Sesshins (Quarterly week-long retreats) Last week in March, June, Sept., & 1st week of Dec.
- Mini-Sesshins (Half day retreats with breakfast, Dharma Talk and Dharma Interview.) 5 – 11:30 AM, Sundays: 11/12, 1/14/18, 2/11
Rohatsu Sesshin: Dec. 2 – 10:
Please help us get an accurate count by sending a deposit and application by Nov. 25, earlier if you want to guarantee a reserved spot. Make your deposit check, $75 or more, to Chobo-Ji and leave it the bowl by the zendo entrance or mail it to: Chobo-Ji, 1733 S. Horton St. #7, Seattle, WA98144. The cost of sesshin is $440 (less one month’s dues for members). We will leave from Chobo-Ji, on 12/02, by 3pm with informal supper, introductions and orientation to follow upon arrival at the Gwinwood Conference Center in Lacey, WA, near Olympia. Sesshin concludes the morning of Sunday, Dec.10 around 10 AM. Departure flights should be made for no earlier than 3 PM, 12/10. Please bring a sleeping bag, toiletries, sitting clothes with layers, work clothes and a towel.
Eight Week Zen Intro Series begins Oct. 3rd, Tuesdays, 7:30-9 PM : each part of the series is open to everyone.
- Spring Sesshin 3/23/18 –3/30/18
- Summer Sesshin 6/22/18– 6/29/18
- Autumn Sesshin 9/21/18 – 9/28/18
- Rohatsu Sesshin 12/2/17 – 12/10/17