AT THIS TIME ONLY FULLY VACCINATED OR PREVIOUSLY CONFIRMED COVID ARE ALLOWED IN ZENDO
We invite you to join us at the following times (also see Google Calendar at bottom of page):
- Introduction to Zazen (open in person for those fully vaccinated), Tuesdays, 7:30PM to 8:45PM. (Optional Zoom Intro is offered on Saturdays at 10AM by appointment.)
- Daily Zazen (Seated Meditation) Monday – Friday, 5:30 AM, 1 hr; – Zoom Link
- Saturdays, 7:00 – 8:30 AM – Zoom Link – after Saturday zazen there will be a Zoom Council
- Sundays, 6:30 PM, 1 hr; Monday & Wednesday, 7:30 PM, 1 hr. – Zoom Link
- Sunday Dharma Talk and Dialogue (usually the 1st and 3rd Sundays) 7:30 PM, 1 hr. – Zoom Link
- Chobo-Ji offers BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) sitting groups, led by Rev. Seifu (Anil) Singh-Molares and limited to BIPOC individuals. All BIPOC are welcome to these groupings, and no experience is required or assumed. The meetings are held by appointment. Please contact Seifu at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Sesshins (Quarterly week-long retreats) Last week in March, June, Sept., & 1st week of Dec.
- Zazenkai (Half day retreats with breakfast, Dharma Talk and Dharma Interview.) 5 – 11:15 AM, Sundays: 2/12/23, 3/12/23, 4/9/23, 5/14/23 …
- Summer and Winter Odayaka Sesshins (three-day Zen retreats with a more relaxed schedule – see calendar below)
Winter Odayaka: Feb. 24 – Feb. 26, 2023:
In Febuary we’ll welcome both in-person and Zoom participation to our three-day Winter Odayaka Sesshin. The cost of the sesshin is $130 (Days 1 and 2, $50 per day; Day 3, $30) for which you can use PayPal or leave a check in the bowl at the entrance to the zendo. (Using PayPal, please make your donation to email@example.com, and note that your payment is for Winter Odayaka.)
We begin at 7:00 a.m. Friday and conclude around 1:00 p.m. Sunday. Please help us get an accurate count by sending an application by February 10, and let us know if you would like to attend in person. Zoom participants ONLY should also register below to receive links for one or more of the days.
Quarterly Weeklong Sesshins
- Spring Sesshin 3/24/23 – 3/31/23
- Summer Sesshin 6/23/23 – 6/30/23
- Autumn Sesshin 9/22/23 – 9/29/23
- Rohatsu Sesshin 12/1/23 – 12/9/23