We invite you to join us at the following times (also see Google Calendar at bottom of page):
- Introduction to Zen Tuesdays, 7:30 – 8:30PM, (except during quarterly retreats, see notes below) $5 donation requested.
- Daily Zazen (Seated Meditation) Monday – Friday, 5:30 AM, 1 hr; Saturdays, 7:00 – 8:30 AM
- Sundays, 6:30 PM, 1 hr; Monday & Wednesday, 7:30 PM, 1 hr.
- Dharma Talks 1st and 3rd Sundays, 7:30 PM, 1 hr. (most Sundays during Spring and Fall Intensives)
- Sesshins (Quarterly week-long retreats) Last week in March, June, Sept., & 1st week of Dec.
- Mini-Sesshins (Half day retreats with breakfast, Dharma Talk and Dharma Interview.) 5 – 11:30 AM, Sundays: 4/9, 5/14, 6/11, 7/9, 8/13, 9/10, 10/8, 11/12
Spring Sesshin: March 24 – 31, 2017
Please help us get an accurate count by sending a deposit and application by March 17, earlier if you want to guarantee a reserved spot. Make your deposit check, $50 or more, to Chobo-Ji and leave it the bowl by the zendo entrance or mail it to: Chobo-Ji, 1733 S. Horton St. #7, Seattle, WA 98144.
The cost of sesshin is $250 (less the amount you pay dues for March). Sesshin will start Friday evening, 3/24, 5:30PM with informal supper, introductions and orientation. Sesshin from Saturday to the following Friday runs from 5am-10pm. We provide sleeping accommodations for those traveling from out of town (an additional $10-$20 per night); please bring a sleeping bag, toiletries, sitting clothes, work clothes and a towel.
NOTES: Sangha Zazen during Spring, Summer and Autumn Sesshins: Saturday – Thursday, 5:30AM and 7:30PM 1hr, see below…
Eight Week Zen Intro Series begins April 4th : each part of the series is open to everyone.
- Spring Sesshin 3/24/17 –3/31/17
- Summer Sesshin 6/23/17 – 6/30/17
- Autumn Sesshin 9/22/17 – 9/29/17
- Rohatsu Sesshin 12/2/17 – 12/10/17