AT THIS TIME ONLY FULLY VACCINATED ARE ALLOWED IN ZENDO
We invite you to join us at the following times (also see Google Calendar at bottom of page):
- Introduction to Zen (for now ONLY ON ZOOM), via Zoom Link, Saturdays, 10 – 11:15AM, (Meeting ID: 81210517303).
- Daily Zazen (Seated Meditation) Monday – Friday, 5:30 AM, 1 hr; – Zoom Link
- Saturdays, 7:00 – 8:30 AM – Zoom Link – after Saturday zazen there will be a Zoom Council
- Sundays, 6:30 PM, 1 hr; Monday & Wednesday, 7:30 PM, 1 hr. – Zoom Link
- Sunday Dharma Talk and Dialogue (usually the 1st and 3rd Sundays) 7:30 PM, 1 hr. – Zoom Link
- Chobo-Ji offers BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) sitting groups, led by Rev. Seifu (Anil) Singh-Molares and limited to BIPOC individuals. All BIPOC are welcome to these groupings, and no experience is required or assumed. The meetings are held by appointment. Please contact Seifu at mailto:email@example.com for details.
- Sesshins (Quarterly week-long retreats) Last week in March, June, Sept., & 1st week of Dec.
- Zazenkai (Half day retreats with breakfast, Dharma Talk and Dharma Interview.) 5 – 11:30 AM, Sundays: 9/19/21, 10/10/21, 11/14/21…
- Summer and Winter Odayaka Sesshins (three-day Zen retreats with a more relaxed schedule – see calendar below)
Autumn Sesshin: Sept. 24 – Oct. 1, 2021:
This will be an in-person sesshin for only those fully vaccinated. Please help us get an accurate count by sending an application by Sept. 15, earlier if you want to guarantee a reserved spot. The cost of sesshin $250 (less dues for this month). Sesshin starts Friday evening, 9/24, 5:30pm with informal supper, introductions and orientation. Sesshin (from Saturday to the following Thursday) runs from 5am-10pm. We provide sleeping accommodations for those traveling from out of town (an additional $10-$20 per night); please bring a sleeping bag, toiletries, sitting clothes, work clothes and a towel. The final Friday begins at 5am and concludes around 11am. We offer limited partial scholarships for sesshin. For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spring Sesshin 3/25/22 – 4/1/22
- Summer Sesshin 6/25/22 – 7/1/22
- Autumn Sesshin 9/24/21 – 10/1/21
- Rohatsu Sesshin 12/4/21 – 12/12/21