We invite you to join us at the following times (also see Google Calendar at bottom of page):
- Introduction to Zen Tuesdays, 7:30 – 8:30PM, (except during quarterly retreats, see notes below) $5 donation requested.
- Daily Zazen (Seated Meditation) Monday – Friday, 5:30 AM, 1 hr; Saturdays, 7:00 – 8:30 AM
- Sundays, 6:30 PM, 1 hr; Monday & Wednesday, 7:30 PM, 1 hr.
- Dharma Talks 1st and 3rd Sundays, 7:30 PM, 1 hr. (most Sundays during Spring and Fall Intensives)
- Sesshins (Quarterly week-long retreats) Last week in March, June, Sept., & 1st week of Dec.
- Mini-Sesshins (Half day retreats with breakfast, Dharma Talk and Dharma Interview.) 5 – 11:30 AM, Sundays: 4/9, 5/14, 6/11, 7/9, 8/13, 9/10, 10/8, 11/12
Summer Odayaka Sesshin: Aug. 18 – 20
“Odayaka” means “peaceful,” and this Sesshin is a little less arduous with more dialogue than our weeklong sessions. It is especially suited for Dharma Dragons (practitioners over 60) and others looking for a more spacious daily schedule. Genjo Osho will be leading this Odayaka. If you plan to attend, please fill out this application and leave it in the bowl in the zendo or mail it to Chobo-Ji. The cost is $100. Sesshin begins at 7:00 am on Friday, Aug. 18th, continues 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 19th and ends 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 20th. If you are coming from a distance and would like to stay at Chobo-Ji for this time please bring toiletries, a towel and a sleeping bag. There is an extra donation of ($10-$20) per night requested to stay on campus.
Autumn Sesshin: Sept. 22 – 29, 2017
Please help us get an accurate count by sending a deposit and application by Sept. 17, earlier if you want to guarantee a reserved spot. Make your deposit check, $50 or more, to Chobo-Ji and leave it the bowl by the zendo entrance or mail it to: Chobo-Ji, 1733 S. Horton St. #7, Seattle, WA 98144.
The cost of sesshin is $250 (less the amount you pay dues for March). Sesshin will start Friday evening, 9/22, 5:30PM with informal supper, introductions and orientation. Sesshin from Saturday to the following Friday runs from 5am-10pm. We provide sleeping accommodations for those traveling from out of town (an additional $10-$20 per night); please bring a sleeping bag, toiletries, sitting clothes, work clothes and a towel.
NOTES: Sangha Zazen during Spring, Summer and Autumn Sesshins: Saturday – Thursday, 5:30AM and 7:30PM 1hr, see below…
Eight Week Zen Intro Series begins Oct. 3rd, Tuesdays, 7:30-9 PM : each part of the series is open to everyone.
- Spring Sesshin 3/23/18 –3/30/18
- Summer Sesshin 6/23/17 – 6/30/17
- Autumn Sesshin 9/22/17 – 9/29/17
- Rohatsu Sesshin 12/2/17 – 12/10/17